Rates of adolescent depression and anxiety are increasing. One of the ways to combat it is Mental Health Promotion through education.
Mental health promotion attempts to encourage and increase protective factors and healthy behaviors that can help prevent the onset of a diagnosable mental disorder and reduce risk factors that can lead to the development of a mental disorder. It also involves creating living conditions and environments that support mental health and allow people to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
Psychoeducational topics for middle and high school students:
- How to notice and fight anxiety
- How to notice and fight depression
- Bullying/Cyberbullying/Sexting/Bias and the emotional and legal consequences
Psychoeducational topics for middle and high school parents:
- How to communicate effectively with your teenager
- Spot the signs of anxiety and depression
- Is is laziness or perfectionism: the two sides of procrastination and anxiety?
- Technology, my teen, and the law: How to navigate cyberbullying and sexting
- How to identify abusive social relationships for my teen.
Please contact me if any of the above topics sound like something you would like presented to your community.
- Small groups
- Larger assemblies
- Parent Nights